Baby its cold outside! And since my family don’t believe in heating, im going to make it my personal mission this winter to bake my house warm. First stop, Peaches and Cream Cupcakes. I first tried these little babies a few years ago when my mum bought me the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook for my birthday. They were so tasty and easy that I figured it would be very grinchy of me not to share them with you!
Look at those cute little hearts! These cupcakes love you!
Beware, this is one cupcake you need to eat with a spoon. Unless you want to drop peaches everywhere. But if thats how you roll… who am I to judge?
So my lovelies, what is your favourite flavour of cupcake? And what flavour frosting do you normally put on them? I always love to hear from you!
Peaches and Cream Cupcakes –From the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
120g plain flour
140g caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
40g unsalted butter
120ml full cream milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
400g tinned peaches (I buy the ones that are cut into segments, then I cut them in half down the middle again)
1. Beat the flour, sugar, baking power and butter until the mixture has a sandy consistency
2. Gradually pour in half the milk and beat until it is just incorporated
3. Whisk the egg, vanilla and remaining milk together in a separate bowl then pour it into the flour mixture. Beat until the mixture is sooth
4. Divide the sliced peaches between the patty pans (I like to put enough pieces in so that the bottom is completely lined)
5. Fill the patty pans until two thirds full
6. Bake on 170 degrees celsius for 20 or 25 minutes, until the tops are golden
Ingredients – For Vanilla Frosting
250g icing sugar
80g unsalted buter
25ml full cream milk
a few drops of vanilla extract
1. Beat the icing sugar and butter together until the mixture comes together
2. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract (sometimes I put the milk in in step 1 if the mixture seems too dry)
3. Turn your mixer up to high speed and beat for about 5 minutes or until the frosting is light and fluffy
4. Ice those puppies!